Saturday, February 1, 2014

You gotta go for it, etc.


Big day for me and my riding partner L on the mountain today. Major level up: we moved off Sir Henry (the training hill) and rode the lift up Morse Mountain. 


There, I realized a few things:

1. The lift was easier than I'd anticipated. Getting back down, upright, on the other hand, was harder than I thought it'd be. But, overall, I'm gonna call it a win.

2. You gotta go for it. Speed is scary but timid tentative moves are what lead to hard falls.

3. A little junk in the trunk is a good thing. Today my tailbone is grateful that my bottom runs more toward bodacious than bony.

4. A challenging Friday yoga class pre-Saturday riding might not be a smart move. My legs might have stayed solid longer had I skipped it.

5. I need to work on my F-bomb restraint. Smuggs, after all, is America's Family Resort.

A (half) day well lived. Off to find the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment