Sunday, June 12, 2011

Losing your Grandpa is really, really sad even if he lived a long and healthy life.

This morning, my Grandpa Patsy passed away. He was 95. He was a smart, funny and kind man.  He grew impressive gardens. He never forgot a name, a face--or a good hunting story. He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather (who needed three hands to count his great-grandchildren). He drank his coffee with lots of sugar and loved animal crackers as well as macaroni. Randomly, what I'm remembering at this particular moment is how, when I was a little girl, he used to "carve me sticks" (shave the bark off of small branches with his pocket knife) and give me peppermint gum. Love you, Grandpa Patsy!

August 2010: Kai meeting Grandpa Patsy (Papoo). 

2 comments:

  1. Is this the Nicci Micco who wrote, "Smile! You're pregnant" for American Baby magazine. I'm the publicist (and fellow WAHM) for Aesthetic Dentistry by Design and would like to share your tips on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    Thanks for your interest! I am not the person who can grant you permission to excerpt the article but if you send the request to my email: micco.nicci@gmail.com I will try to figure out who is and pass along the request!
    all my best,
    Nicci

    ReplyDelete